For most webmasters and affiliate marketers, Google AdWords is their bread and butter, and rightfully so. AdWords is a beast of an advertising system, and if targeted properly its earning potential can be great. If you follow some of these strategies then maybe even you can make money off Google AdWords.
1. The merchant or vendor site should have a professional look to it, in order to ensure the surfer that it is a credible product/service that they will be buying into.
2. Make sure to be able to maintain a level of communication between you and your affiliate preferably through an AM. This will help you realize which ads convert better as well as keep you updated with new offers.
3. When you are paying for clicks, you need to realize the ratio between what will be a positive return and what wont be and to use professionals and the best seo company. Try and promote affiliate products that will pay more than $15 in commission to get your ROI up. Clickbank is good for this.
4. The landing pages and sales sites need to be top of the line. If the customer is unhappy with the appearance of the page, it is more than unlikely they are going to invest their money into what your selling.
5. Same goes for the sales copy and actual marketing that is done ON the landing page. It should include testimonials , and other key selling features in order to ease any hesitations the buyer may have.
6. Would you buy it? Ask yourself this when choosing a campaign for your affiliate program. Chances are if you wouldn’t buy it, then most people wouldn’t be comfortable buying it either.
7. Affiliate links are fine with your vendor as long as they are low key. It can kill a sale if the user feels like he is getting scammed or bought into something.
8. The referring page for the vendor website should only have one product/service on it. If there are multiple products the user can get confused by the sales messages and become hesitant to buy.
9. Tracking! Keep a keen eye on your keywords and phrases. If any of them are getting higher than a 1:200 buy:click ratio, they need to be cut off. A decent ratio to look for is around 1 in 50 creating a sell. The higher the click-through rate, the better rankings you get on your niche.
10. Most affiliates will keep a record of email addresses for all your referrals, learn more email marketing tips at https://www.patronpoint.com/. This makes sure that you get credit for a sale even if the customer took 4-5 visits before buying… which is the case a lot of the time.