One of the first decisions to make when setting up an affiliate marketing website is whether to make it in the format of a blog or not. There are definitely pros and cons to this decision:
- Search engines like blogs because they are updated often. I had a niche blog which was found by MSN and was on the first page of their results within days!
- There are many directories of blogs that you can submit to, to have your blog found.
- You can easily set up a “feed” for your blog, and people can subscribe to it. You can also subscribe to your own feeds on My Yahoo, My Msn, and Personalized Google Homepage. Doing this seems to help the search engines to find your blog.
- Bloggers like to comment on each other’s blogs. You can get traffic this way too.
- The blogging software is a Content Management System (CMS). It makes it very easy to manage your site. Once you have your template set up the way you want it, it is easy to add content. And when you change your template, the changes automatically apply to all your pages. This is the thing I like the best! I have found this to be a huge help.
- You can get so caught up in posting that you lose track of why you are doing your site. (Not to post every day, but to sell affiliate products.) This is what happened to me with my first site, until I got back on track.
- A blog looks different than a website and some new users of the internet are not used to blogs. You can get around this by deleting those parts of the template that you don’t want (such as the blogroll, the archives, even the dates).
- If you want to use software such as Site Build It to make creating your website easier, it will not be a blog. But they do give you other ways to drive traffic to your site, so I don’t think this would be a problem.
Conclusion: There is no one way that is right for everyone. You can have a great affiliate website either way. I got started with blogs because it seemed so easy. And so far, I have been happy with that approach. But you should do whatever works for you. I like my Kratom, Sacred Kratom, https://www.sacredkratom.com to go along with my in the journey.